The “traditional” broadcast and cable networks who embrace digital platforms to stream their content need to embrace a new way to program. A holistic, integrated approach that orchestrates programming across all four media platforms. The goal being the seamless passing of audiences between platforms and exponential tune-in.
Welcome to the Next-Gen Control Room
We have all the necessary data, tools, and people to make this happen; it just requires making the commitment. There are three key strategies for the Next-Gen Control room list below using ABC’s Don’t Trust The B—- in Apt 23 as a guide.
1. Assign macro (e.g. situation comedy) and micro (e.g. new character introduction) attributes to all content
2. Collect social engagement and chatter associated with content attributes
3. Sync content attributes, social engagement and chatter, and audience archetypes through programming algorithm
The programming algorithm output provides direction on digital platform content slate programming and how best to promote tune-in through broadcast promotions.
Create new tune-in moments and habits for digital platforms by knowing what derivative content to produce. Also drive tune-in back to the broadcast platform by aligning the right promotion.
Naturally increased tune-in and consumption of digital platforms lead to greater advertising revenue. Not just from increased reach; there will be new opportunities for targeting and creativity:
- Know the best type and form of marketing message based on insights of content attributes archetype engages
- Help guide brand integrations into specific content attributes
- Know moments of greatest receptivity by media platform
- Message sequence across all media platforms
Clearly the Next-Gen Control Room also orchestrates advertising. I’ll share more thoughts on this side next week. Thanks for reading!